On 28th June, Horticulture Week will host a unique event at the fabulous Woburn Abbey and Gardens in Bedfordshire. Parks & Gardens Live will offer an exclusive audience of head gardeners and their teams, parks professionals and landscape maintenance teams an exciting, educational, and unique day of practical learning, mentoring, inspiration, knowledge sharing and networking.
Aimed exclusively at horticulture professionals working at private and historic estates, local authority grounds, or specialist landscape maintenance operations, the event will feature:
- professional kit demonstrations
- expert-led workshops and mentoring
- machinery and consumables showcase
- expert advice hub
- head gardener-led tours of the gardens and
- networking with gardens and parks
- careers and recruitment advice
- best practice exhibition highlighting
This day of learning and networking will be curated by Horticulture Week technical editor Sally Drury - the UK’s leading professional kit expert and recipient of the 2016 CIOH President’s Award.
What are the benefits to parks and gardens professionals of attending?
- Professionals will be able to learn about,
see demonstrated, and source the latest kit and consumables for professional
gardening and parks staff from suppliers showcasing products and services aimed
directly at the parks and gardens market.
- They will learn from the most inspirational
mentors in the sector including renowned master gardener Alan Sargent (top
right) who will be leading a workshop for professional gardeners and parks
- Attendees will access the very best advice
on everything from sourcing kit to tackling recruitment issues via an Expert Advice
Hub staffed throughout the day by Sally Drury (middle right) and her team of
- They will be able to compare and share
experiences with the gardening team at Woburn Abbey during head gardener-led
tours of the gardens and parklands.
- Attendees will be able to get up to date
with the latest pesticide regulations and best practice use advice in a
workshop led by Professor John Moverley (bottom right).
- Professionals will draw inspiration from
award winning work highlighted in an exhibition featuring best practice from
the parks and gardens sector
- Finally, attendees will be able to network
with fellow professionals and leading figures from the UK’s parks and gardens
NB Parks & Gardens Live 2017 is co-located with the presentation of the Horticulture Week Custodian Awards 2017. Tickets can be purchased for Parks & Gardens Live only – or for the Custodian Awards with access Parks & Gardens Live included.